Friday 27 June 2008





People been askin' about the Swamp Donkey, so here's some photos. Yes, I know the chain is a bit slack, I need to file out the vertical dropouts a bit more, or toss on a new chain, but at least the drivetrain is quiet. A stick derailled the chain last night, but if you'd seen the trails we rode you'd be thinkin' "only once?"
Where'd the name come from? I thought it up back in 2000 (or at least I think I did anyway) An internet search back then yielded the info that it was a local term in Liverpool for a Lady of the Night - anyone out there from Liverpool who wants to confirm that?

1 comment:

Mark said...

Nice ride! Big fan of fixed MTB. One of the topics on my own blog, Cycle Snack (or Cycle Shack as you put it up on FGG), in which I troll the net looking for fixed gear MTBs. Find most of them on your site but I come across some from blogs and other websites, too. Oh, and by the way, when are you going to start adding a little icon to them like you said you would? Nice blog, btw.