Tuesday 16 December 2008


Monday I clocked a pretty easy 45minutes, it was a long day working, I was pretty tired all day anyway and Saturday it had been over two hours and Sunday was right at two hours. An easier day isn't bad.

Here's a shot of where I've been riding lately. This is at the far north end of the Mercado and that's our shop in the background. There's a box to step up on and a small fan jammed between the seat and the rear fender on my yellow Trek.

So today is Tuesday and I watched "The House of Flying Daggers" on my laptop which I put on a pedestal right in front of my front wheel. Easy, steady state stuff. One hour fifty minutes.

It's time to get some real data. My friend Jeff is bringing in his Powertap and I'm going to do some tests to see the watts at some different tire pressures. Kreitler says 128 watts at 20 mph - presumambly at 120 psi in n both tires. It'll be real easy to test that out with my geared bike and then drop the pressure by 5 psi and see the wattage requiredments there. That'll allow me to set some guidelines for intervals later. Of course I'll be using 23mm tires - Michelins on all these tests to keep those values constant.

Feeling good about all this right now. It's easy to keep going when you're doing this sort of thing on a regular basis. I was at 187 lbs on the scale this morning, and last night I bought a couple of badly needed new pants - flat fronts even. While they were still 36's, of the 5 styles I tried on they certainly were'nt the biggest 36s.....in fact the were about the slimmest pant cuts I've worn in a long lng time.

c-ya

1 comment:

roscoe said...

Congrats Dennis.
The pants don't lie!